We all do love our lipsticks, but few things are as annoying as when the lipstick slowly starts to fade during the day. Or when you eat and your lipstick goes from sharp to messy, but the food was so good anyways that you’re kind of dealing with it though you’d like your painted lips back. Luckily folks, there are some tricks on how to get your lipstick to last all day. All that you need is some basic preparation (like you do with your makeup anyways), and then you’re good to go for a whole day!
How to get your lipstick lasting:
- Smooth Lips – Start with exfoliating your lips by brushing them gently with a tooth brush and sugar.
- Foundation Base – Apply a thin layer of foundation on your lips (if your foundation doesn’t contain moisturizer, you might want to apply a coat of lip balm before this step)
- Lip Pen – Start defining your lips with a lip pen, and gently cover the lips with it. This will give something steady for the lipstick to hold on to.
- Lipstick – Apply the lipstick and be sure to cover the lip properly
- Wipe it off – Not completely wipe it off, but remove the very top layer of the lipstick by gently touching the lips with a piece of paper.
Lipstick lasting all day? Yep, it’s a go!
9 thoughts on “How To Get Your Lipstick To Last All Day”
Loved your tips! Blotting paper or a smooth tissue paper is also something that can be used to wipe off the top layer and to add another layer for long lasting 🙂
love this! super helpful, i’m always have issues with my lipstick not staying on.
I’ll definitely try this. Thanks for sharing!
Have a nice day,
I never exfoliate my lips :(( Thanks for sharing these tips, I will try them when I buy myself a lip pen :))) Do you recommend any? (have in mind that I live in Argentina so that have to be some international brand that I can get here:)
exfoliating your lips is a main thing which i often forget 🙂
Nice tips ! thanks for sharing it with us 🙂 x
Seems like most lipsticks that are made to last all day on your lips tend to be drying..so it’s nice to be able to have some tricks up our sleeves 🙂
I always find if I put lip balm on first, my lips are smoother for when I put on my lipstick (doesn’t really work so well for matte lips though)!
They usually become! If you want them smooth and maintain a matte look, you can apply some powder on them before applying the matte lipstick! Xx
Comments are closed.