We’ve already talked about everything you need to know about fashion weeks in general, but how about the fashion weeks 2016 in specific? Well, we’ve got it covered!
Basic facts about the fashion weeks 2016
If you’re uncertain about the circus of fashion weeks, get yourself updated from this post. Otherwise, here we go:
- The fashion weeks kicks off in New York on the 8th of September and ends with Paris with last day being October 5th.
- It’s the fashion for spring and summer 2017 that is shown, with the short being SS17.
- Some designers stream their shows live so be sure to check if your favorite does too!
- If you want instant news about a show, check Twitter and Instagram under the specific hashtag for the fashion week or the designer showing (that is: nyfw/lfw/mfw/pfw).
- For all the dates and times you want to know, www.fashionweekonline.com is a good source.
- If you want to see the collections from the shows, vogue.com’s runway site will be your friend. They also feature detailed reviews from fashion critics which is always interesting!
- Some think that street style and backstage are equally as fun to see, you’ll see these photos at models, photographers, designers and fashion journalists Instagram accounts/blogs!
- And of course, bloggers will give you the inside look too ! Make sure that you’re updated with yours!
What to expect from the weeks:
NYFW (September 8 – 15) – Modern, edgy and sophisticated
New York fashion week often brings shows that are youthful, modern and edgy. Alexander Wang in specific brings modern fashion with an edge. NY also delivers more sophisticated shows like Calvin Klein, DKNY and Michael Kors but always with the modern twist. The big apple is also favorable for young american designers who are making they’re way, like Prabal Gurung.
LFW (September 16 – 20) – Playful, deep and classic
London fashion week displays everything from classic designs from Burberry, to playful designs a la Mary Katrantzou. Burberry somewhat embodies the modern english person as well as Mulberry. Topshop Unique often brings more playful and youthful shows.
MFW (September 21 – 27) – Elegant, attitude and independent
Milan fashion is a mix of love for women, the heritage of italian design and the fierceness of going against the rules. Versace represents the attitude with a love for darker fashion. Dolce & Gabbana romanticize the idea of an italian woman through elegance and Armani is bringing independent and classic italian!
PFW (September 27 – Oct.5) – New and old contrasts
Paris has for centuries been the fashion capital of the world, this meaning that the city has one foot in the fashion future and one in the fashion past. Paris displays classic designs from Dior and Chanel and modern creations from Acne and Cholé. In center is the contrast between old going modern and modern remaining classic.
Folks! Are you excited for fashion weeks 2016? Hit us in the comments!