So some parts of a 1920’s outfit are more important than others in the recreating of the look. Kind as we are, we’ve tracked down the most important ones in this quick do! You find our 1920’s essentials below:
- The length of the skirts were knee-length and the skirts themselves were plain straight!
- Petite and round shaped hats (cloche hats) framed the outfits perfectly!
- The little black dress is a key piece.
- A 1920’s outfit often had some sort of geometric Art Déco influence in them.
- Sequins, fringe and sheer fabric!
- Mark your “waist” by the hip with a belt!
- Make sure to have a straight silhouette
The picture used is not the property of The Fashion Folks (public domain). Source here.